Here are a couple of topics I'm thinking about speaking on next fall at our Christian Medical Organization. What are you thoughts?
Much love,
Josh
On the basics: This is a question for you to exam your own heart and thoughts and I don't want to see a show of hands, but how many of you here think Jesus is really coming back? I mean coming back like when Jesus says in revelation 22:12, Look I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what they have done. And this question is predicated on the fact that Jesus is the Messiah and did rise from death. Not simple questions, but they lay the foundation for whom you will serve.
On deception: I bring these thoughts to you, because in our culture today it is easy to pretend your belief in Christ and possibly deceive yourself. For example, it is easy to go to Church, to obey the rules of our society, and be involved with helping others. All these things Jesus did talk about and are important to the life of a Christian, but if we think this is Christianity...then we are mistaken!
On living: Jesus makes many references to the becoming low as a disciple. Look the Son of God came serving, washing the disciples feet; I tell you the Kingdom of God belongs to children, you must become like children; It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the Kingdom. I hope these few examples have convinced you that our life in Christ is contradictory to the prestige and money's we might think we deserve or have earned by becoming physicians in America. We cannot serve two masters!
On education: In an educated society such as ours, it is clear that our theological studies have become dividing points among fellow believers to the point of crippling the effectiveness of the Church. This became apparent last Sunday as I sat and listened to the pastor preach on I Corinthians 12 as a vision for the body of believers. He started at verse 4 and stopped after verse 26, but verses 27 -31 speak about apostles, prophets, teachers and healers and the very important role they play in the Church. It struck me then, that we believe on the Holy Spirit for some things, but not for others. We believe on the Spirit to convict and turn someone to repentance, but deny the Spirit's power to heal or be prophetic. Touchy subjects I know, but they should not be ignored like they were last Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These are great questions. Have you posed them to the group yet? What kind of responses or disucssion happened?
Post a Comment